Email marketing remains one of the best ways to reach and engage your customers. A mailing list is a powerful marking tool for your business. And it is never too late to start building one. This is the first email in our Essential Marketing Tools series, so don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss the next one.
In this article, we will look at some of the latest statistics about email marketing and show you why your business can’t afford to overlook this marketing tool.
Email Consumption Statistics
Email is one of the most used communication platforms available today. There are billions of daily users and the medium continues to be an effective marketing channel. Businesses of all sizes can build relationships with customers and recognize attractive returns on their investment through email marketing.
- There are 3.9 billion daily email users. This number is expected to climb to 4.3 billion by 2023. (Statista, 2020)
- Mobile opens account for 46 percent of all email opens. (Hubspot, 2020)
- The most opened emails relate to hobbies, with an open rate of 27.35%. (MailChimp, 2019)
- 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions. (SaleCycle, 2018)
Why is email marketing so effective is because your email list is made up of people who have either already done business with you or who have expressed an interest in doing so. The individuals on your list have opted to hear from you and as long as your content or products continue to be of interest they will remain engaged.
What do the professionals have to say about email marketing?
There are dozens of social media platforms and digital advertising channels available for marketing professionals but top companies continue to invest in email marketing. Why? Because it works. Not just works, it offers a higher return on investment than ANY OTHER marketing channel online.
- 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention. (Hubspot, 2020)
- Marketers who used segmented campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue. (Hubspot, 2020)
- 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months (Hubspot, 2020)
- For every $1 marketers spend on email marketing, they received an average ROI of $42 in return. Twice that of SEO or internet ads. (Litmus, 2019)
Email Marketing is versatile and timely, which makes it one of the most effective methods to market online. Whether you are keeping your customers up to date on your latest products or promotions or automating reminders for service renewals or follow ups email is the ultimate solution.
Take Your Email Marketing to The Next Level
How do I build my mailing list? How do I create an email template? Can you tell me if my open rates are good? What is the best day and time to send out your emails? We’ve got answers in our next article, subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Whatever Solutions & Media offers turnkey solutions to help you leverage email marketing. From strategy to email management solutions. Call us to learn how your business can benefit from email marketing.